Ohio Railway Museum
Postcards - Set 6
These shots are from the late 1960's and early 1970's. Photos by David Bunge. Alex Campbell Collection.
Southern Ohio Electric Co. (C&SOE) steeple cab electric locomotive #2 with Pennsylvania Railroad type
N6b caboose # 982131 crossing the rebuilt CD&M bridge over SR 161. #2
was built at the Columbus Railway Power & Light Company's (CRP&L) Kelton Avenue Shops in
1926. It was used at the C&SOE Picway Power plant south of Columbus.
The wooden caboose was built in 1906
PCC #450 on the west end. #450 was double ended somewhat rare
for a PCC but very convenient for the museum with its point to point
track. The PCC was built in 1948 by the St. Louis Car Co.
The ORM line crew
headed by Al Spilker (on the left) is working on the south end catenary
Eastern Michigan line car #7763. Behind #7763 is C&SOE Steeple Cab #2 and
CRP&L center-cab work
Shore and Milwaukee Railroad interurban #154. It was built by the
J.G. Brill Co. in 1915.
This is Columbus
streetcar #703 just east of Proprietors Road (background).
The low 700-series streetcars were the last new cars built for the CRP&L system. They were built by the G.C. Kuhlman Car Co. of
Cleveland in 1923. When new they were painted in OSU colors of scarlet and gray.
Delaware and Marion Electric Co. "Redbird" #501. #501 is
back on its home rails at ORM. #501 and its sister
car #500 were heavy steel interurban parlor cars built by the American Car and
Youngstown & Ohio River Railroad electric locomotive #7 built by
Baldwin-Westinghouse in 1922. Behind #7 are two PRR
outside-braced wooden box cars followed by two steel refrigerator cars.